Sugar is essential for our diet and an important source of energy in our body. If you want to reduce stomach fat, you have to be careful of where you get it and the amount you consume. Fruits containing natural sugar are much healthier than refined sugar. They are rich in antioxidants, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. However, fruits that are high in sugar can also cause stomach fat. Here is a list which highlights fruits that are high in sugar, as well as fruits that contain low or medium levels of sugar.
If you really want to attack abdominal fat and flatten your waist, there are foods you must give up (fried, sugary, and salty foods). You will need to replace them with foods that I call “belly fat attack foods.” According to a recent review from Copenhagen University Hospital, Two of the most effective foods for reducing belly fat are fruits and vegetables. You want to replace carbohydrates from sugar and refined grains (like white bread) with carbs from fruits and vegetables.
Fruits and vegetables keep you feeling full longer, and they are believed to have high levels of antioxidants like vitamin C and beta-carotene which fends off belly fat. However, there are certain fruits that are high in sugar. You want to be careful on the amount that you consume. I will share these tomorrow.
Whether you are a supermodel or pageant competitor, you want to do whatever you can keep your body looking lean, but curvy. In my experience training, I have found these 4 exercises to be the most effective in shaping the feminine physique.
1. Lunges work all major muscle groups in the legs. It’s an exercise that is a must if you want leaner legs. You can perform them stationary or walking. I recommend performing 3 sets of 15-25 repetitions, 3 days per week. How to perform a lunge:
• Stand with feet together.
• Take a big step forward, and then slowly lower your body into a lunge position.
• Make sure your knee is above your ankle, keeping it at a 90 degree angle.
• Slowly push back up to starting position, pushing from your heel.
• Do not lean forward when lunging.
• Do not position your knee in front of your ankle.
• Do not hunch forward.
2. The Squat is another one that works most of the muscles in the legs and thighs; especially the gluteus. If you want to reshape or tone your booty, try the squat. Perform 3 sets of 15-25 repetitions, 3 days per week. How to perform a Squat:
• Stand with feet hip distance apart with your toes, knees and hips in a straight line.
• Pull your belly button towards your spine and contract your abdominal muscles.
• Slowly lower your body, as though you are sitting in a chair. Make sure your knees are behind your toes.
• Keeping the weight in your heels, slowly push your body back to starting position.
• At the top of the movement, do NOT lock your knees. Keep a slight bend in them.
• Repeat the movement for the required number of repetitions.
3. Bicycle crunches hits the obliques (love handles) and lower abs. These are two main areas of the abs that women struggle to lose. How to perform a bicycle crunch:
• Lie flat on the floor with your lower back pressed to the ground and contract your core muscles.
• With your hands gently holding your head, lift your knees to about a 45-degree angle.
• Slowly, at first, go through a bicycle pedal motion.
• Alternately touching your elbows to the opposite knees as you twist back and forth.
• Breathe evenly throughout the exercise.
4. Interval sprints will really speed up your ability to lose fat. It will also help you maintain muscle tone as you lose the fat.
• Perform a light warm-up to loosen up your connective tissue and muscles. Walk at a fast pace for two to three minutes, then jog for five minutes.
• Run your intervals. Mark off a distance where you are running that is 40 to 50 yards long. After doing your warm-up, come to this location and sprint as hard as you can for the whole distance. Jog back to your starting point and sprint again. Repeat this sequence five to six times.
• Add more sprints to the sequence as you build your endurance each. The workout should take no more than 20 minutes. Perform about 3 times per week.
The desire to lose fat in the legs is a common area of concern for many women. The secret to accomplishing this takes a four prong approach: variety, consistency, patience, and natural whole foods.
Step 1: Add Variety. You must consistently shock the legs with varied exercises, in different ways and intensity. A variety of terrains will attack the lower body at different angles. Exercise props such as hills, steps, benches, and bleachers are excellent tools to help burn fat in the lower body. On these props you can do lunges, step-ups, squats, or high knees.
Step 2: Be Consistent. You should attack your legs at least twice a week with resistance training using a combination of weights, bands, and bodyweight. You should perform cardio such as running or walking at least 4 times a week.
Step 3: Be Patient. You will likely lose fat quicker everywhere else before you begin to lose fat in the legs, butt, hips, and thighs. Women carry a large number of alpha-2 receptors in their lower body, and these fat cell receptors are resistant to change. But be encouraged; given the extra time necessary, the fat will be released and you will see results.
Step 4: Eat Natural Whole Foods. To see results in your legs, you must eliminate refined processed foods such as cookies, candy, white bread, and ice cream. Replace them with natural foods like fruits, vegetables, and lean protein.
Following these four steps will not only sculpt your legs, butt, hips, and thighs, but they will help you create an awesome physique.
Whether you want to lose weight or get toned, following a low fat diet is key for results to show. Especially, if you are struggling to fit exercise into your busy day. I recommend following my 90%-10% eating rule. To learn more, click on the link below to tune into my interview with the Pageant Professors.